For our Improve Digital Software Development team at Azerion Head Quarters in Amsterdam we are looking for a JAVA Developer.
Azerion is a media, entertainment and technology company that provides safe, reliable and valuable content and services.
Our mission is to engage users while helping advertisers and publishers connect with them in a meaningful and valuable way.We are headquartered in Amsterdam with a local presence in more than 15 European countries. This allows us to tailor advertising- and content solutions to every market and language, while providing all the benefits of a pan-European scale of hundreds of millions of unique and valuable users every month.
Azerion has been on a skyrocket growth curve over the last two years, adding advertiser and publisher technology to its consumer content portfolio.
We have acquired several related businesses and grown them. For example; Improve Digital, Game Distribution, Headerlift and Quantum are now within the Azerion family.
Are you keen to join our family too? Keep reading. We hope to meet you soon!
What you will be doing in this role
Develop and maintain real-time high-volume services responsible for selling online advertisement in web and mobile environments. Our customers use the services we provide to monetize the traffic on their websites and in their mobile applications.
We generate terabytes of new data every day; part of our work is designing and implementing flows for processing this data to provide accurate insights and performance indicators to our customers.
You will have three main areas of focus.
1) Building services that have exceptionally tight requirements regarding predictable response times at high 9s.
2) Data collection and processing capability. This involves contributing to the data infrastructure (based on Kafka and Hadoop among others) required for such capability.
3) Customer facing web applications and APIs that allow ad ops and developers employed by our clients to configure our services and measure their performance.
About the team
The engineering team is multi-disciplinary and you will be working closely with Data Scientist, Data Engineer and Database Administrator colleagues so eagerness to learn is essential.
We have largely standardized on the JVM as our backend development platform of choice, so the most common language in our software stack is Java.
We also employ a whole range of scripting languages from Python to Lua making use of their flexibility. We don’t choose languages or tools based on artificial standards, we believe in the right tool for the job.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design and implementation of high-volume business-critical software, either processing real-time data or developing real-time services
* Work with technical and non-technical staff to identify requirements and take these through implementation
* Contribute to the definition of the company’s broader architecture
* Help define and perform proof of concept and implementation of new architectural concepts and tools
What you are able to bring to the table
* Strong server-focused software development experience, ideally with platforms based on the JVM
* Understanding of broader system concerns such as reliability, scalability and deployment mechanisms
* Any experience building services where a low-latency predictable response is critical is a major advantage
* Any experience dealing with large data volumes is a plus
* Good familiarity with Linux (we mostly use CentOS)
* Experience working in an agile environment (particularly with Scrum or TDD) is highly desirable
* Understanding of the online advertising technology landscape is useful but not essential
What we offer you:
*The opportunity to work at an innovative, high-paced company, near Amsterdam
*An informal yet professional international working environment
*Room for personal development in a highly skilled and motivated team
*Money in your bank every month
*Travel cost reimbursement
*Laptop/desktop with OS and IDE of choice
*Lunch is provided
*Flexible working hours
*Weekly optional workout programs like boxing.
Does this sound like that challenge you’re looking for?
Apply by clicking the apply button, fill in the online form and attach your CV.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Your application was submitted successfully.